Rebekah Steely Brooker
Ms. Brooker focuses her practice in estate planning and administration, probate matters, trust and asset protection planning, and probate litigation. She is experienced in administering trusts and estates of decedents and counseling clients on estate planning, charitable planning and estate and trust management. Ms. Brooker is experienced in representing entities involved in actions based on tortious interference, breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty. Additionally, Ms. Brooker is also experienced in commercial and business litigation and matters of oil and gas.
- State Bar of Texas
- Licensed to practice in the United States District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas
Ms. Brooker counsels clients on all phases of estate planning and the preparation of wills and trusts based on each client’s specific goals. She also analyzes and advises clients who recently relocated to Texas on revising or updating wills and trusts from other states including preparing financial powers of attorney, medical powers of attorney and directive to physicians.
Ms. Brooker represents clients in contested and uncontested will probates and in the administration of the estate. In addition, she represents executors, trustees, and beneficiaries in various estate and trust controversies. Ms. Brooker also represents beneficiaries and executors in family settlement agreements in lieu of will probate proceedings.
Ms. Brooker also assists clients obtain needed guardianship or helps obtain less restrictive alternatives to guardianship. Additionally, she is experienced in guardianship litigation.
- Member of the Women in the Profession Committee; Board of Directors 2012-2015, State Bar of Texas
- Supreme Court Task Force – 2017-2018
- President 2013-2014; Board of Directors 2010-2015, Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Young Lawyers Division- Credentials Board Member 2013-2014, American Bar Association
- Planned Giving Council, Southern Methodist University
- Member, Dallas Estate Planning Counsel
- Advisory Council, Dallas Foundation
- Member, Women’s Financial Exchange
- Emerging Leader Board, SMU Dedman School of Law
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Women Lawyer Association
- DAYL Leadership Class Facilitator, Elder Law Committee, Member, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- 2006 Leadership Class, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Fellow, Dallas Bar Foundation
- Board of Directors and Life Fellow, Dallas Association of Young Lawyers Foundation
- Texas Aggie Bar Association
- Juris Doctor, Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law, 2004
- Bachelor of Administration, magna cum laude, Texas A&M University, 2000
- Named in “Texas Super Lawyer” list by Thomson Reuters, 2020 and 2021
- “Best Lawyers in Dallas”, D Magazine, 2014, 2016 – 2021
- Named “Texas Rising Star” by Thomson Reuters, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019
- Honoree in the 2015 Class of Minority Business Leader Awards by the Dallas Business Journal
- 2014 President’s Award, State Bar of Texas
- Texas Young Lawyer’s Association President’s Award of Merit 2010 and 2012
- Named “One to Watch 2009 Dallas Association of Young Lawyers” and Outstanding Committee Chair 2007” by Dallas Association of Young Lawyers.