Scheef & Stone was formed by attorneys who have worked in some of the nation’s largest law firms but wanted to serve their clients from a more personal setting. From the beginning, our focus has been on providing high-quality representation to each client, regardless of the size or nature of the representation. We have continued to grow by attracting attorneys from diverse practice areas, most with large-firm backgrounds. Our attorneys have experience resolving complex commercial problems for their clients but have chosen to utilize that experience in a more flexible, efficient environment. Our structure and the experience and integrity of our attorneys allows us to provide the highest quality services with service levels not typically found in larger environments.
Scheef & Stone firmly believes being a diverse workplace that reflects the community in which we live and work makes us a better law firm. Diversity of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, and cultural background provides us with a greater breadth and depth in solving our clients’ problems and responding to the unexpected and new. Our diversity leads to more effective resolution of the challenges our clients face and enriches our law practice, our careers, and our overall workplace environment. Our commitment to a diverse workplace helps us to acquire and develop those resources internally and to use them to meet or exceed our clients’ expectations. We also seek to foster a firm-wide culture that promotes and facilitates diversity, and we are actively recruiting attorneys who are diverse in every sense of the word.
We are not merely a collection of attorneys. Instead, we are a cohesive group which strives to maintain a collegial, balanced and team-oriented practice and workplace. We take pride in our professional reputation as fine attorneys, many recognized as Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters and AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Scheef & Stone is pleased to offer our employees competitive compensation. We also provide generous benefit package options that include health and dental plans for employees and dependents, as well as voluntary packages including short-term disability and vision insurance. Our firm also offers an employer-matched 401(k) plan, life insurance, and long-term disability. Scheef & Stone values work-life balance, so we also provide our employees with generous, paid time off.
We are an equal opportunity employer. It is a fundamental policy of the firm not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, disability, or any other protected characteristic as established by law, with respect to recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment.
We take pride in maintaining a healthy work environment for our attorneys and staff. It is of the utmost importance to us that we find a reasonable balance between our work and our personal lives. Our firm continually works to maintain a culture of integrity, honesty, hard work, and excellent communication.
Scheef & Stone was named one of the “Top 100 Places to Work” by the Dallas Morning News in 2010, 2012 and 2014.
Human Resources Manager/Branch Office Manager
We are seeking a new member to join our work family – a Human Resources Manager/Branch Office Manager for our Frisco location. This position will report to the Firm Administrator and office in Frisco. The Human Resources/Frisco Office Manager will:
- Manage human resources function of entire firm including hiring of staff, onboarding of attorneys and staff, payroll and reporting, and employee benefits oversight and reporting.
- Improved training and performance management program.
- Update compensation through market analysis and pay surveys.
- Handle investigation and resolution of employee issues, concerns and conflicts.
- Assist with annual processes, including evaluations, open enrollment, bonus recommendations, and pay increases.
- Organize staff appreciation events and firm Christmas party.
- Travel between offices as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized institution with major coursework in human resources or a related field. Substantial and relevant work experience may be substituted for college degree.
- Experience with creating a culture of team work and collaboration.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with all personnel.
- Prior law firm experience a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Outlook.
This is a full-time exempt position with excellent benefits.
Please submit qualified resumes to email@example.com beginning October 26, 2018.
Scheef & Stone is a member of Mackrell International, a global network representing 90 firms and 4,500 lawyers in 60 countries. Within their countries, Mackrell members rank in the top 10% of their country’s legal league tables. All members enjoy a leading reputation for strength in commercial, corporate and litigation legal practices.