As a former litigator, former General Counsel, and now as a business lawyer, Mr. Bracy uses his unique background and perspectives to help domestic and international businesses.
Matt represents U.S. and foreign businesses and business owners in the areas of corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, finance, contract negotiations and drafting, business formation, transactions, and government relations.
Over his career, he has represented diverse US and foreign businesses and individuals in private practice, and in-house as General Counsel and Director of Government Relations for multi-million dollar companies. Today, he is often called on to act as an outsourced “general counsel” for his clients.
After working at a Houston commercial litigation boutique, he started his own law firm representing businesses and business owners in corporate and litigation matters. While growing his firm over the next six years, Mr. Bracy had the pleasure of representing companies of all sizes and in all variety of matters, including the formation of dozens of corporations and LLCs, and trials of matters before all levels of state and Federal courts.
In 1999, Mr. Bracy left Houston and his law practice to become the national head of government relations for a diversified financial services group in Washington State. Working in Congress, the state legislatures and with national insurance groups, Mr. Bracy helped form laws and regulations affecting his company and the financial services sectors.
In Dallas, Mr. Bracy was selected to be General Counsel of a specialty finance company, where he led the legal team in addition to overseeing all corporate matters, litigation, underwriting, closing, and government affairs. While serving as General Counsel for over 11 years, Mr. Bracy was honored to be selected as the President of a national trade group, in addition to serving as the DFW Chapter President of the General Counsel Forum.
- Steering Committee, GC Netweavers (2016 – Present)
- Previous President, General Counsel Forum (DFW Chapter), 2012
- President, National Association of Settlement Purchasers, 2010 – 2012
- Member, Texas Bar Foundation
- Member, Collin County Bar Association
- Affiliate Member, National Association of Settlement Purchasers
- Chair, Judicial Education Program of the National Association of Settlement Purchasers, 2012 – 2016
- Juris Doctor, University of Houston, 1992
- Bachelors of Administration, Political Science, The University of California, Irvine, 1988
- Named in “Texas Super Lawyer” list by Thomson Reuters, 2019, 2020, 2021
- Transactional Attorney of the Year (Texas), Corporate INTL, 2017
- Contract Drafting & Negotiation
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Governance
- Entity Selection & Business Formation
- Joint Ventures & Partnerships
- Venture Capital Transactions
- Frequent speaker at conferences regarding structured settlement issues.
- Featured commentator on the Legal Broadcast Network
- “Role of Outside General Counsel”, CLE Presentation, Collin County Bar Corporate Counsel Section Meeting, 2021
- State Bar of Texas, 1992
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit