Mr. McSwain is a USPTO-registered patent attorney who helps clients grow and manage their intellectual property portfolios. He focuses his practice on prosecuting patents primarily in the electrical and computer-related industries. Mr. McSwain’s experience includes identifying and protecting valuable inventions, directing technological improvements, and providing support for litigation and/or licensing activities for future business success.
Mr. McSwain began his career as a software engineer before serving as a patent agent for many years. After graduating from law school in 2019 he worked as a patent attorney at a firm in San Jose, CA before joining Scheef & Stone.
A registered patent attorney, Mr. McSwain has over 24 years of experience in patent law, including several years spent as a patent agent before becoming an attorney. He has worked at multiple law firms and in the intellectual property law department of a Fortune 50 company.
- Master of Biotechnology, San Jose State University, 2022
- LL.M. in Intellectual Property, Santa Clara University, 2020
- J.D., Dean’s List, High Tech Law Certificate, Santa Clara University, 2019
- MBA in Finance, Santa Clara University, 1997
- Engineer in EE, University of Southern California, 1992
- MSEE, Louisiana State University, 1988
- BSEE, Texas A&M University, 1985
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- New Mexico