Mr. Norman practices in the areas of banking, real estate, general corporate, partnership law and creditors’ rights issues. He has a wealth of experience in documenting complex financial transactions and structuring investment partnerships, with an emphasis on the real estate arena.
Mr. Norman has represented financial institutions since he began practicing law in 1985. Mr. Norman has practiced through “up” economic cycles as well as “down” economic cycles. Mr. Norman understands the complicated ramifications of every business transaction and how the slightest change in one assumption in the equation can have a dramatic impact on the outcome. Mr. Norman’s intimate knowledge of bank and regulatory issues and lending laws have made him an authority in financial institutions law. He is known for his positive “can do” attitude in determining creative ways to make deals work, while at the same time protecting the interests of his client.
The number of complex commercial lending transactions that Mr. Norman has handled in his career is “too numerous to count”. He is experienced in all aspects of lending transactions of all types, including, but not limited to, loans related to the acquisition, development and/or construction of real estate (commercial real estate and residential) and any kind of non-real estate based transaction. Mr. Norman has a wealth of experience in handling troubled asset situations, and regularly assists his clients with collection efforts, foreclosures and workouts when called upon. When it comes to representing financial institutions, Mr. Norman is a full-service attorney.
Mr. Norman has provided general representation to a variety of real estate companies, REITs, private foundations and other real estate concerns for over the past 30 years. Mr. Norman is well versed in all aspects of real estate law, including entity formation, acquisitions, divestitures, leasing, financing and raising capital.
He also represents a private foundation with real estate holdings in Texas and Colorado. He has experience in entity formation, investments in real estate ventures, acquisitions and divestitures and private foundation issues.
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, Texas Association of Bank Counsel
- Juris Doctor, University of Houston Law Center, 1985
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Business Administration, Texas Tech University, 1979
- AV rated, Martindale-Hubbell, 2002-2018
- Selected as one of Texas’ Top Rated Lawyers for 2014 and 2015 by Legal Leaders Magazine
- Selected in “Best Lawyers in Dallas” list for Banking, D Magazine, 2018
- Banking Litigation and Foreclosures
- Loan Workouts
- Loan Negotiation & Documentation
- Regulatory Research
- Contract Drafting & Negotiation
- Corporate Finance
- Oil & Gas Transactions
- Banking Litigation & Foreclosures
- Commercial Acquisitions & Dispositions
- Commercial Leasing/Workouts
- Commercial Loans & Loan Restructuring
- Note Purchases & Sales
- State Bar of Texas