Robert M. Bolton
Mr. Bolton concentrates his practice on tax planning for closely-held businesses and their owners, and on estate and wealth preservation planning.
Mr. Bolton’s practice involves all aspects of tax planning for businesses and individuals, with a significant emphasis on partnership and corporate planning matters. He routinely advises clients in tax-efficient mergers and acquisition strategies, real estate investments, business divestitures and structuring of business entities and operations. Mr. Bolton’s practice also includes estate planning and asset protection strategies to protect business and investment assets from unwarranted claims and the federal estate, gift and generation-skipping transfer taxes. Such planning involves the creative design and implementation of sophisticated planning techniques involving family limited partnerships, family corporations, and various types of trusts.
Mr. Bolton’s business practice includes tax and business planning for partnerships, limited liability companies, and corporations. Mr. Bolton represents clients in mergers, acquisitions and sales, executive compensation, planning for management and ownership transitions, as well as planning, structuring and executing other types of business transactions. A primary emphasis is placed on the efficient planning of federal and state tax consequences of such matters to help minimize the impact of such factors.
Mr. Bolton’s practice also focuses on the transfer of business interests to family members or key employees in the most tax efficient manner to provide the second (or third) generation with the best opportunity of continuing the closely-held business.
Mr. Bolton frequently counsels clients with respect to their charitable planning objectives, including the establishment and operation of private family foundations as well as public charities.
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, Texas Bar Association
- Member, Texas Society of CPAs
- Member, American Society of CPAs
- Board of Directors, Dallas CPA Society, 2004-2005
- Master of Laws, Taxation, New York University
- Juris Doctor, University of Texas School of Law
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Accounting, Baylor University
- Selected as “Best Lawyers in Dallas” by D Magazine, 2015, 2018-2021
- Named in “Texas Super Lawyer” by Thomson Reuters, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Named in “Texas Rising Star” list by Thomson Reuters, 2004
- Young CPA of the Year, Dallas Chapter, 2003
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants: CPE Expo Conference 2011
- “Succession of Success: The Keys to Business Transactions” December 2011
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Board Certified- Tax Law, by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Certified Public Accountant