David B. Dyer
Mr. Dyer does general commercial litigation. Additionally, he has represented claimants, firms and individual brokers in numerous securities arbitrations before FINRA, NYSE, and AAA. He also represents investment firms and individuals in investigative and enforcement proceedings brought by state and federal securities regulators. He also represents individual brokers and firms in raiding cases and other employment-related disputes.
Mr. Dyer has advised retail brokers, broker/dealer firms and registered investment advisors on liability exposure associated with customer-related claims. He has spoken to the Securities Law Section of the Dallas Bar Association on the issue of securities arbitration. He has also represented individual brokers and firms in connection with regulatory inquiries, formal investigations, and enforcement proceedings.
Mr. Dyer has been the counsel of record in SEC receivership proceedings in federal court, both as counsel for the receiver and for opposing parties. These matters have included collection proceedings, including foreclosures upon real estate interests and personal property.
- Dallas Bar Association, Business Litigation and Securities Law Section
- Arbitrator, Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
- Beta Gamma Sigma Business Fraternity
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity
- NITA Trial Practice Courts, 1994
- Juris Doctor, with honors, University Texas School of Law, 1986
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Finance, University of Texas at Austin, 1983
- AV rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected in “Best Lawyers in Dallas” list, D Magazine, 2018
- State Bar of Texas, 1986
- Admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of Texas and the Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit