Bryan Haynes has tried more than 50 trials and arbitrations throughout Texas and across the United States in his thirty-two years of trial practice. Representing plaintiffs and defendants, individuals and corporations, he translates complex legal matters into easily understandable language that has helped him achieve an outstanding trial record. Bryan draws on his broad experience in state and federal courts to prosecute and defend matters involving complex commercial and intellectual property disputes, insurance coverage claims, and non-compete and non-solicitation matters.
Bryan also serves as an arbitrator / neutral for a Federal regulatory authority and as an independently assigned arbitrator in other complex commercial disputes.
Bryan has been on the front lines of litigation battles for more than 32 years, trying dozens of cases to verdict and final awards and handling countless evidentiary and non-evidentiary hearings. He has successfully tried and arbitrated, among others, trade secrets, trademarks, fiduciary duty, complex contracts, business divorces, non-compete and non-solicitation, probate, insurance coverage, wrongful death, and product liability matters.
Through his experiences on both sides of the docket, Bryan has gained immeasurable knowledge and understanding of how judges, jurors, and arbitrators consider and weigh the rules, legal authorities, arguments, and, most importantly, assess the credibility of witnesses and other evidence.
Born and raised in West Texas, Bryan graduated from Baylor University in 1988 with a BBA in Accounting and from Baylor Law School in the Spring of 1991.
Bryan was admitted to practice in Texas in May 1991 and has appeared in courts in more than 90 of Texas’ 254 counties. He is also admitted to the United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Western, and Southern Districts of Texas, Northern District of Indiana, Western District of Michigan, Western District of Missouri, Northern District of Oklahoma, and each of the Districts of Colorado, North Dakota, and Utah. He has also appeared pro hac vice in state and federal courts in Arizona, California, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Kansas, Kentucky, Massachusetts, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, and Tennessee.
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Texas Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Member, Texas Bar Association, Intellectual Property Law Section
- Member, Bar Association of the Fifth Circuit
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- J.D., Baylor University School of Law, 1991
- B.B.A, Accounting, Baylor University, 1988
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars – 2000
- Super Lawyers – 2005
- D Magazine, Best Lawyers in Dallas, Intellectual Property – 2020
- Lawyers of Distinction, Intellectual Property 2019 – 2021
- Top Rated Lawyers in Commercial Litigation Law by The American Lawyer, Corporate Counsel, and National Law Journal.
- Preparing Your Witness for Deposition – The Advocate, Texas Bar, Litigation Section, Fall 2004, Vol. 28, pp. 6 – 12.
- Credibility During Zoom Trials, Hearings, and Depositions: How Counsel Can Overcome New Challenges.
- Admitted to Practice in Texas State Courts since May 1991
- Admitted to Practice before the Federal Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals since July 1995
- Admitted to Practice before the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas since December 1991
- Admitted to Practice before the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas since February 1995
- Admitted to Practice before the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas since October 1995
- Admitted to Practice before the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas since April 1997
- Admitted to Practice before the United States District Court for the Western District of Michigan since November 1997
- Admitted to Practice before the United States District Court for the District of Colorado since January 1997
- Admitted to Practice before the United States District Court for District of Utah since March 2002
- Admitted to Practice before the United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana since July 2007
- Admitted to Practice before the United States District Court for the District of North Dakota since December 2018.
- Admitted to Practice before the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri since April 2021.
- Has also been admitted to practice Pro Hac Vice before the United States District Courts for the Northern District of California, the Central District of California, the Western District of Kentucky, the Eastern District of Louisiana, the District of Maryland, the Western District of North Carolina, the Western District of Oklahoma, the Middle District of Pennsylvania and the Middle District of Tennessee.