Jack D. Stone, Jr., P.E.
Mr. Stone has extensive experience representing clients in areas of foreign and domestic intellectual property matters, including patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets. He has also prepared patent, trademark and copyright infringement and invalidity opinions, license agreements, and assisted in litigation and dispute resolution. He has successfully prosecuted over 300 patents for his clients domestically and internationally, including several of his own patents. Having worked for several engineering companies and become licensed as a Registered Professional Engineer, he understands engineering companies and their needs. He has developed and patented his own legal software utilized by a number of law firms to manage their business. Mr. Stone has also served his country as a Captain in the Army.
- Lectures frequently on intellectual property issues to various professional groups and societies
- Teaches intellectual property classes at various educational institutions, including Brookhaven College and Texas A&M University School of Law
- State Bar of Texas, Intellectual Property Law Section and Computer & Technology Section, 1992
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 1994
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas, 1998
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2015
- Registered Professional Engineer in the State of Texas, 1986 (presently inactive)
Mr. Stone’s clients benefit from his extensive experience in areas of mechanical, electrical, and business method arts, including wireless and wireline telecommunications, internet communications, antennas and propagation, computer hardware, software, and related technologies, artificial intelligence, semiconductor fabrication, data processing, aerospace technologies, oil and gas exploration, production, and refining, business methods, optical data storage systems, and digital light processing.
Worked for or Represented:
- Research in Motion
- Dell Computer
- Akamai Technologies, Inc.
- Southern Methodist University
- Betafence USA
- Scuba Sonics, Inc.
- Vertical Computer Systems, Inc.
- PetroTex Hydrocarbons, LLC
- Phillips Petroleum Company
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Juris Doctor, Texas Tech University, 1991
- Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering, Texas A&M University, 1978
- Master of Science, Electrical Engineering, Southern Methodist University, 1993
- Master of Business Administration, Texas Tech University, 1991
- Master of Arts in Religion, Westminster Theological Seminary, 2005
- Recognized, AV® Preeminent ™, Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™, 1998 – 2018
- Selected in “Texas’ Top Rated Lawyers” list in Intellectual Property, Legal Leaders Magazine, 2014
- Selected in “Top-Rated Lawyers in Intellectual Property Law” list, Fortune Magazine, 2014