Mr. Banta has 40 years of experience in the private practice of law, primarily focused on commercial real estate, including real estate development, and finance.
The breadth of Mr. Banta’s experience includes disposition, and acquisition of unimproved and improved commercial property, land development, leasing and the representation of borrowers and lenders in commercial lending transactions.
Mr. Banta has managed the acquisition and finance of multi-state portfolios of real estate assets, including various types of improved properties such as hotels, self-storage properties, shopping centers, industrial and multi-family projects, and portfolios of loans secured by such assets.
He has also represented land developers in connection with development of master planned single-family residential subdivisions. Mr. Banta’s representation included land acquisition, formation of ownership entities, debt and equity financing of land acquisition and development, preparation of covenants, conditions and restrictions, formation of homeowner’s associations, and other development matters.
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Juris Doctor, with distinction, University of Nebraska College of Law, 1974
- Bachelor of Arts, with distinction, University of Nebraska, 1971
- Recognized in Chambers USA America’s Leading Lawyers (Real Estate), 2006
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America (Real Estate), 2007-2008, 2010-2022
- Selected as one of Texas’ Top Rated Lawyers for 2014 in Business and Commercial Litigation by Legal Leaders Magazine
- Selected as one of Texas Top Rated Lawyers for 2015 in Real Estate Law, General Practice Law, and Business & Commercial Law by Legal Leaders Magazine
- State Bar of Texas, 1981