Jennifer Withrow is a Partner in Scheef & Stone’s Energy Section with a focus on oil and gas projects and related litigation. Jennifer joined Scheef & Stone with extensive energy experience in the oil and gas industry. She began her career as in-house counsel for Phillips Petroleum Company where she focused on oil and gas contracts, upstream, midstream and downstream, and products liability litigation, specifically involving catastrophic incidents. Next Ms. Withrow joined Occidental Chemical Corporation as Assistant General Counsel where her primary duties included commercial contracts, products liability litigation; and mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
After leaving Occidental Chemical Corporation, Ms. Withrow joined Pioneer Natural Resources Company as Senior Attorney. At Pioneer, her practice evolved to negotiating and drafting various oil and gas agreements for exploration, production and construction projects in the Deepwater Gulf of Mexico. As Senior Attorney, Ms. Withrow held primary responsibility for litigation, commercial contracts, and legal advice to Pioneer’s Mid-continent, Gulf Coast (including the OCS and Deepwater Gulf of Mexico), West Panhandle Field and Alaska operations groups. Additionally, Ms. Withrow was a member of a team responsible for the due diligence and drafting of agreements for various mergers and acquisitions.
Seconded to major oil and gas company for 2 ½ years during a crisis period to negotiate and draft various upstream, midstream and downstream agreements for 12 assets in the Deepwater Gulf of Mexico.
Represents numerous mineral owners and surface owners in negotiating oil and gas leases and related agreements.
Represents oil and gas companies and oilfield service companies in negotiating various upstream, midstream and downstream agreements and service-related agreements both domestically and internationally. Negotiates and drafts terms and conditions for agreements involving various interests in the Deepwater Gulf of Mexico exploration, production and construction projects including Canyon Express, Devils Tower, Falcon, Harrier, Raptor and Tomahawk.
Represents oil and gas companies and oilfield service companies in acquisitions and divestitures of oil and gas assets.
- Collin County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- API subcommittee on Exploration and Production Law
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Juris Doctor, The University of Tulsa College of Law, 1988
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Southern Methodist University, 1985
- Oil & Gas Fraud
- Oil & Gas Litigation
- Oil & Gas Transactions
- Private Offerings & Placements
- State Bar of Texas
- Oklahoma Bar Association
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF)
- Operation Kindness
- Bartlesville Museum, Board Member
- Bartlesville Civic Ballet Board, General Counsel
- 66 Federal Credit Unions, Board of Directors
- Women and Children in Crisis, Board Member, Sexual Assault Counselor and Crisis Line Volunteer
- Selected in “Best Lawyers in Dallas” list, D Magazine, 2018, 2020 – 2021