Assistant Controller for Dallas Office
Scheef & Stone, LL.P is a full-service business law firm with offices in Dallas and Frisco, Texas, providing clients with a wide range of legal services. The Firm consists of aggressive attorneys who seek to provide efficient, prompt, and professional legal representation. The Firm represents individuals, publicly and privately held corporations, partnerships, financial institutions, and governmental entities in a wide spectrum of sophisticated transactions and complex litigation.
We are currently seeking an Assistant Controller for our Dallas Office.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing and consolidating financial statements
- Establishing and maintaining internal controls
- Managing all aspects of the general ledger
- Providing monthly, quarterly and year-end analyses
- Coordinating or assisting with the budget process
- Researching accounting issues for compliance with generally accepted accounting principles
- Analyzing and reporting cost variances
- Supervising accounts receivable, accounts payable and general accounting departments
- Highly proficient with Excel
- Experience with SurePoint Management Software
- Ability to anticipate needs and pre-plan work
- Ability to prioritize work and balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Self-driven motivator who takes initiative on projects with a strong ability to understand and solve creative challenges
- Ability to multitask and communicate well with individuals of all backgrounds
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to retain complex work directions
- Strong analytical, technology, communication and organizational skills
- Relevant industry experience
To be considered for this position, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.