Austin Ernst is an Associate in Scheef & Stone’s Real Estate section. As a former commercial title attorney, he has worked closely with buyers, sellers, lenders, brokers, and their representation at nearly every stage of a real property transaction. Applying his real estate experience and educational background in oil and gas, he is committed to ensuring his clients can be confident in all aspects of their transaction from contract drafting, entity formation, ownership interest determination, to closing.
Prior to joining Scheef & Stone, Austin worked in the title industry as a Commercial Closing Attorney. He has a passion for real estate and land development, and in 2020, he joined the Fidelity National Title Group in the Lawyers Title operation as an opportunity to gain a broad exposure to a wide variety of transactions in the real estate markets. Austin’s title experience gives him unique insight into the life of a real estate transaction from start to finish, and he utilizes that knowledge to provide legal counsel to clients wherever they may be on the transaction timeline.
Austin graduated from the University of Texas at Austin in 2015, earning a Bachelor of Arts degree in Government and an Energy Management Certification from the McCombs School of Business.
In 2019, he earned his Juris Doctor from The University of Tulsa College of Law. Over the course of law school, Austin gathered legal experience from clerkships with transactional and civil litigation firms along with an internship with the Chief State Solicitor’s Office in Dublin, Ireland.
When not at the office, Austin enjoys golfing, traveling, reading, taking part in his friends’ bowling and trivia teams, and spending time with his family and dogs in Montana.
- J.D., University of Tulsa College of Law, 2019
- B.A., Government, University of Texas at Austin, 2015
- Contract Drafting and Negotiation
- Commercial Acquisition and Sales
- Commercial Leasing/Workouts
- Oil and Gas Transactions
- Entity Selection and Business Formation
- Wills, Trusts, and Estates
- Employment Agreements
- Non-Competition Covenants
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, Texas Land and Title Association
- Member, State Bar of Texas Real Estate, Probate, and Trust Law Section
- Member, State Bar of Texas, Business Law Section
- Member, State Bar of Texas Oil, Gas, and Energy Resource Law Section
- Member, State Bar Texas Environmental and Natural Resource Law Section
- Member, Dallas Bar Association Real Property Law Section
- Member, Dallas Bar Association Probate, Trusts and Estates Section
- Member, State Bar of Montana Water Law Section
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Montana