Shayla Smith’s commercial litigation practice is centered on compassionate and creative advocacy along with understanding her clients’ business objectives in order to develop short and long-term strategies designed to protect their interests. With over a decade of managing all phases of high stakes litigation, Shayla’s clients benefit from her unique multi-faceted courtroom experience.
Shayla works closely with her clients to develop cost-efficient dispute resolution solutions to reach a favorable settlement. In instances where negotiation resolutions are unavailable, Shayla welcomes the opportunity to leverage compelling advocacy in trial or arbitration.
Shayla represents business owners in complex dispute resolution matters across a variety of different industries including construction, and retail. Shayla regularly assists her clients with business-related torts in both state and federal courts.
- Member, Collin County Bar Association
- Vice President of Community Involvement, Golden Corridor Republican Women’s Club
- Vice President, African American Republican Club Collin County
- Juris Doctor, University of Missouri School of Law, 2009
- Bachelor of Journalism, The University of Missouri, 2005
- ABA/BNA Intellectual Property Award, University of Missouri, 2008
- Cali Award for Future Excellence for the Study of Intellectual Property, University of Missouri, 2008
- State Bar of Texas, 2010