Mr. Crabb is a seasoned corporate attorney, with solid experience both leading and serving in senior roles for corporate legal departments. He has a broad base of industry experience, including technology, energy, management consulting and investments, and over 25 years of experience negotiating and documenting corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, private and public market financings and general commercial transactions. While in the corporate world, he handled all aspects of SEC, banking, insurance and risk management, and sophisticated transactions, both in the U.S. and internationally.
- Loan Negotiation & Documentation
- Corporate Finance
- Corporate Governance
- Entity Selection & Business Formation
- Joint Ventures & Partnerships
- Shareholder Disputes
- Private Offerings & Placements
- Employment Agreements
- Executive Compensation
- Non-Competition Covenants
- Corporate Finance
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Private Offerings
- Public Company Representation
- Sherrod v. American Airlines, Inc., 132 F.3d 1112 (5th Cir. 1998) (affirmed summary judgment obtained for employer on ADA discrimination and retaliation claims);
- In re Michael Copeland, 45 S.W.3d 348, (Tex. App.—Texarkana 2001) (compelled employee injury claims to arbitration on behalf of nonsubscriber employer).
- State Bar of Texas, 1984
With Scheef & Stone, Mr. Crabb advises publicly-held and private clients on matters involving acquisitions and other commercial transactions, SEC compliance and periodic filings, financings, risk management and insurance, employment-related matters, general contract law, corporate ethics and compliance programs and corporate governance.
Prior to joining Scheef & Stone, he served as Director of Legal Affairs, Global Corporate, for Network Associates, General Counsel, Secretary and Executive Committee Member for Thomas Group and Associate General Counsel for Triton Energy.
- Business Law Section
- Dallas Bar Association
- Juris Doctor, Southern Methodist University School of Law
- Bachelor of Arts, Political Science/Economics, Southern Methodist University
- Attended the University of São Paulo School of Law, São Paulo, Brazil. Earned a certificate for completion of the fifth year course in Business & International Trade Law
- AV rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Selected for “Best Lawyers in Dallas” list by his peers in Corporate Securities / Capital Markets, D Magazine, 2018, 2020
- Selected for “The Best Lawyer in America, Best Lawyers (Woodward/White,Inc.), 2017-2020
- Selected as one of Texas’ Top Rated Lawyers for 2015 in Business and Commercial Law and General Practice by Legal Leaders Magazine
- While in law school, received a Merit Scholarship and was top 12% of the class
- Attended the University of São Paulo School of Law, São Paulo, Brazil as a Rotary Foundation Scholar, with full scholarship
- Attended undergraduate school at Southern Methodist University on a Merit Scholarship