Lina Forero-Niño is a corporate attorney and her practice is focused on providing transactional services to privately held businesses across a variety of industries and business sectors. Lina’s legal background includes roles as in house counsel for a privately held company and its affiliates, as well as attorney for Legal Aid of Northwest Texas. She enjoys working with business owners and managers to help them achieve important milestones for their businesses.
- State Bar of Texas
- LAW AND BUSINESS REVIEW OF THE AMERICAS: Mexicana Airlines, One of the World’s Oldest Airlines, Files for Bankruptcy Protection in Mexico and the United States and Suspends Flights Until Further Notice, 17 L. & BUS. REV. AM. 361 (2011)
- LAW AND BUSINESS REVIEW OF THE AMERICAS: The Cuban Government Approves Guidelines to Reform Cuba’s Economic Model and Develops an Implementation Strategy, 17 L. & BUS. REV. AM. 761 (2011)
- LAW AND BUSINESS REVIEW OF THE AMERICAS: Colombia’s Historic Victims and Land Restitution Law, 18 L. & BUS. REV. AM. 97 (2012)
- LAW AND BUSINESS REVIEW OF THE AMERICAS: The Abortion Debate in Latin America, 18 L. & BUS. REV. AM. 235 (2012).5
Lina’s experience includes drafting, reviewing, and negotiating commercial leases and a variety of commercial contracts including purchase and sale agreements, professional service agreements, and other commercial agreements. In her previous role of Assistant General Counsel for an asset management company, Lina drafted, reviewed, and negotiated closing documents for property conveyances including commercial leases, bills of sale, deeds, and promissory notes.
Represented an office building owner in amending long-term tenant leases to allow owner to sell building and also represented owner in the sale of the building.
Represented several Texas limited partnerships and limited liability companies in connection with writing new limited partnership agreements and company agreements after the new partnership tax auditing procedure became effective.
Represented building owners in reviewing their standard leasing forms and making improvements to their forms to make them more reader-friendly, while maintaining their full legal intent.
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, Christian Legal Society
- Member, Dallas Young Lawyers Association
- Member, Dallas Hispanic Bar Association
- Member, Texas Bar College
- J.D., Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law, 2012 (cum laude)
- B.A. Communications, University of Texas at San Antonio, 2005 (magna cum laude)
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Able to translate between English to Spanish and vice-versa