Douglas C. Bracken
Mr. Bracken is Board Certified in Labor & Employment Law and represents businesses in both trial and arbitration primarily in employment, labor and business litigation. He defends companies and management in all types of employment claims, including for discrimination and retaliation under Title VII, ADA, ADEA, FMLA, FLSA, NLRA and other federal and state employment laws. In addition, he represents employers before federal and state governmental agencies like the EEOC, DOL, OSHA, and TWC.
- Board Certified, Labor & Employment Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
Mr. Bracken regularly advises employers on their employment policies, procedures, and handbooks to help them avoid litigation in the first place, and he advises and defends companies and executives alike on employment and non-compete agreements. Finally, a large portion of Mr. Bracken’s practice is devoted to advising and defending “nonsubscriber” employers who have opted out of the Texas Workers’ Compensation Act on both negligence and ERISA issues.
- College of the State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Texas, Labor and Employment Section
- State Bar of Texas, Litigation Section
- Dallas Bar Association
- J.D., Texas Tech University School of Law, 1992
- B.A., (cum laude), Washington and Lee University, 1989
- Board of Directors, Goodwill Industries of Dallas
- Board of Directors, Scots Baseball Club, Inc.
- Selected as “Best Lawyers in Dallas”, by D Magazine, 2018
- Law Review: Editor, Texas Tech Law Review, 1990-1992