Ann leads the Immigration Law Section of Scheef & Stone with her practice focusing on employment and business-related immigration matters. She represents employers and their employees before the Department of Homeland Security, Department of State, Department of Labor, and various state and federal agencies with immigration oversight. Ann also assists employers seeking to ensure compliance with state and federal immigration rules regarding employment eligibility verification and anti-discrimination.
- Co-Author of the book chapter, Immigration: Everything You Need to Know, of the 2015 Physician Practice Search Guide, 2nd Edition, published by National Association of Physician Recruiters
- Author, “Immigration Prescription: The Practical Guide to Immigration for Foreign Born Physicians”
- Author, “What Every Recruiter Needs to Know About Recruiting a Visa Candidate,” National Association of Physician Recruiters Pulse Newsletter, Summer 2013 edition
- Author, “How to Hire IMG Physicians with Ease,” FOCUS Physician Recruitment Newsletter May 2011
- Author, “J-1 Waivers for Neurologist,” American Academy of Neurology Career Week September 2011
- State Bar of Texas, 1999
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
Ms. Badmus has extensive experience helping businesses cut through immigration red tape and execute leading-edge hiring strategies to win the global competition for top talent. Her practice has a deep understanding in the healthcare and information technology industries, representing companies and their employees with complex immigration matters such as two-year foreign residency waiver applications, permanent residence applications based upon labor certification, extraordinary ability, national interest waiver, outstanding researcher, and multinational managers and executives applications. Ms. Badmus also works with employers seeking to ensure compliance with state and federal immigration rules regarding employment eligibility verification and anti-discrimination.
Ms. Badmus frequently speaks about immigration issues before chambers of commerce, bar associations, and other interested organizations, and has been featured as an immigration commentator on numerous television and radio news programs. She has also written numerous published articles about immigration and has authored a book for foreign national physicians, Immigration Prescription – The Practical Guide to Immigration for Foreign Born Physicians.
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Member, The College of the State Bar of Texas
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering, University of Delaware, 1984
- Juris Doctor, Widener University School of Law, 1989
Ms. Badmus is a nationally recognized immigration lawyer who has been featured prominently in numerous business publications. She is a sought-after speaker on immigration law to organizations across the country. She has taught continuing legal education courses for attorneys on immigration law since 1999.
- Minority Business Leader Award, Dallas Business Journal, 2009
- Top 25 Women in Business Award, Dallas Business Journal, 2012
- University of Delaware Distinguished Career Award, 2011
- University of Delaware Alumni Wall of Fame Award, 2017
- Named in “Best Lawyers in Dallas” list, D Magazine, 2015-2019
- Named in “Best Lawyers in America” list, Woodward/White Inc., 2018-2020