Andrea K. Bouressa
Andrea K. Bouressa represents companies and individuals in a broad range of civil litigation matters, with a focus on post-trial and appellate practice. Her past experience includes contract disputes, fraud claims, insurance defense, premises liability, employment claims, product liability, and other civil matters. Before entering private practice, Ms. Bouressa clerked for U.S. Senator John Cornyn’s legal counsel for the Senate Judiciary Committee.
- State Bar of Texas, 2008
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas, 2009
Ms. Bouressa has tried cases involving breach of contract, fraudulent transfer, fraudulent lien filing, securities fraud, and other claims, and has represented clients in both jury and non-jury trials. She has also successfully defended favorable judgments on appeal to the Fifth District Court of Appeals at Dallas and to the Texas Supreme Court. Her practice includes numerous appellate matters, including interlocutory appeals, post-judgment appeals, and mandamus proceedings in Texas state appellate courts.
- Member, State Bar of Texas
- Member, Collin County Bar Association
- Member, Collin County Women Lawyers Association
- Member, Curt B. Henderson American Inn of Court
- Former Director and Treasurer, Texas Aggie Bar Association
- Executive Vice President, Golden Corridor Republican Women
- Former General Counsel and Precinct Chair, Collin County Republican Party
- Juris Doctor, Southern Methodist University, Dedman School of Law, 2008
- Masters of Science Sociology, University of North Texas, 2005
- Bachelors of Science Sociology, Texas A&M University, 2002