Scheef & Stone, L.L.P firmly believes being a diverse workplace that reflects the community in which we live and work makes us a better law firm. Diversity of race, ethnicity, gender, religion and cultural background provides us with a greater breadth and depth in solving our clients’ problems and responding to the unexpected and new. Our diversity leads to more effective resolution of the challenges our clients face, and enriches our law practice, our careers, and our overall workplace environment. Our commitment to a diverse workplace helps us to acquire and develop those resources internally, and to use them to meet or exceed our clients' expectations. We also seek to foster a firm-wide culture that promotes and facilitates diversity and we are actively recruiting attorneys who are diverse in every sense of the word.
We are not merely a collection of attorneys. Instead, we strive to maintain a collegial, balanced and team-oriented practice and workplace. We take pride in our professional reputation as fine attorneys, many recognized as Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters and AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell. We come from various faith communities, and we are single, married, divorced, parents, cyclists, fly-fishers, skiers, foodies, golfers, patrons of the arts, photographers, Scout leaders, coaches, and local volunteers.
Continuing Diversity Efforts for 2015 - 2016:
- Recruited new woman partner.
- Elevated two women attorneys to partner status.
- Hired three new women associates.
- Four of recent six hires have been minority attorneys
- Hosted Immigrant Journey Awards and provided three college scholarships to minority students.
- Provided a minority college student a scholarship underwriting the cost of an LSAT preparatory course.
- Sponsored quarterly meetings of the DFW African American Business Leaders Networking Reception.
- Sponsored a table at the Dallas Hispanic Bar Association’s 10th Annual Event, Noche de Luz.
- Sponsored a table at the JL Turner Scholarship Gala.
- Hosted first “Women to Women” luncheon with additional lunches scheduled.
- 75% of our summer internship program hires were minority or women law students.
- Hired one minority and one woman legal intern from our summer internship program as permanent associate attorneys.
- Co-sponsored the Judicial Intern Opportunity Program which targets minority students (2014 -2016).
- Partner Rebekah Brooker spoke on a panel at the 2016 Texas Minority Counsel Program Conference.
- Gift to Pinkston HS library of law library books.
Scheef & Stone, L.L.P. has a standing Diversity Committee, which assists in recruiting a diverse workforce, as well as promoting and encouraging an environment in which diversity thrives.
Charlene Koonce, Chair Person